To drive an SEO campaign that will deliver excellent results, you need to consider the main objective of the search engines: to ensure the most relevant results possible. To achieve this, Google uses hundreds of different factors to position the sites at the top of the ranking. An SEO campaign needs to focus on a top position in SERP (Search Engine Results Page), but also to maintain the position for a long time. It is an ever moving target because the algorithm updates are quite frequent, so an SEO specialist needs to be always up to date with the news in the field. It is quite a challenge, but it also offers quite a level of satisfaction when done properly.
Website optimization for search engines means applying a set of rules, techniques, and procedures that are carefully planned with the purpose of winning and maintain massive exposure online for a certain business, so potential clients and business partners will find it easy to find the site online. Nowadays, to be productive, an SEO campaign requires consistent and constant efforts to ensure a strong online presence and visibility.
Following a set of simple rules can make any SEO campaign successful:
- Identify the relevant keywords. The essence of a productive SEO campaign is in the keywords you identify and select. They need to be relevant to your business and efficient in attracting the target audience.
- Site audit. Before even starting with the SEO campaign, you need to know exactly what are the strengths and the weaknesses of your site. To find those, you will need a professional site audit that will include a complete examination of all the technical limitations that have something to do with SEO.
- On-site optimization. The next logical step in an SEO campaign in the on-page optimization. The On-page and off-page optimization imply different strategies, but both are just as important. The on-site SEO requires the optimization of the titles, meta tags, HTML tags, keywords, images and internal links. These techniques are not complicated, but are fundamental for scoring top positions in SERP, so none of them can be overseen.
- Google, as well as other search engines, will rank a site depending on how relevant its content is. The content needs to be original, with no duplicate pages and to have a considerable length and keywords density, aside from offering important and interesting information. Meeting the expectations of your target audience regarding content is one step ahead in your SEO campaign’s success.
- Off-site optimization. The last, but not the least important part of a successful SEO campaign is the off-site optimization that focuses on creating quality content and links to Social Media sites.
The SEO techniques continue to evolve every day while the search engines are changing the search criteria and their algorithms in trying to offer the users the most relevant information for their search. Understanding the basic rules of a productive SEO campaign is crucial in achieving your online marketing goals. It will take consistent work and patience to get the desired results, but the profit generated by this will make it all worth it.